This project is still in the forming stages. I would love your feedback on this. If some things don’t seem to fit–please understand that I am still in process!
Come join me for 2-7 days of learning about all kinds of things related to healthy living. Whether it is just you and I, or we get a whole bunch of people together–we are going to learn, have fun, and and develop habits, practices while you deepen or uncover what your highest priorities in life are–your values.
Remember–as you read the description below–there may be just two of us–but we can do our best to fulfill all that I have described. This work in itself is a work in process.
If you answer yes to the following questions, you will love this event!
- Are you hardy? Adventuresome? Lover of the great outdoors?
- Do you want to learn skills that you will use for the rest of your life to cultivate deep friendships, a healthy relationship with yourself, and healthy community?
- Do you want to start a community of your own?
- Would you like learn how to nurture your family and other relationships?
- Would you like to experience a healthy lifestyle–physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and socially?
- Are you sensitive to EMF’s (Electromagnetic Field) and need a break from this exposure?
- Do you want to associate with people who have similar goals as above?
- Do you want to be part of creating a vegan community?
- Would you like to explore living in community for two days, or longer in order to see if this is a place you might want to live?
As we work on useful projects together, all the while learning so many things– that will help the Livable Future Project
Come play and work with us in a space were everyone’s needs matter!
Accommodations: Tent camping, RV’s and trailers (no hook ups). Dorm sleeping inside the common house.
Food: Vegan-Gluten and oil free, organic as much as possible. 80% raw
Note: Sacred pauses are 5 minute pauses where we practice meditation, mindfulness, prayers, visualizations, chanting, and other spiritual practices and tune into the special energy of that particular time of the day. I learned the importance of paying attention to the rhythms of the day from this book, Seven Sacred Pauses: Living mindfully through the rhythms of the day.
7:00 Sacred pause
7:05am Miracle morning practices: Life SAVERS: Silence (meditation/prayer) Affirmations, Visualizations, Exercise, Reading and Scribing (journaling) (read more here
8:30-9:00 am Prepare Breakfast (green smoothie)
9-10 Open Space Circle (and drink smoothie) Check in, connect, and plan day according to people’s needs.
10:00: Sacred Pause
10:05-12:00 Everyone attends a daily training circle where they learn skills in friendship cultivation and healthy community building taught by Patricia Mikkelson. We may do some work projects during this time–learn by doing.
12 Sacred pause
12:05-12:45 Prepare Lunch (large raw salad or fruit salad)
12:45-1:15 Eat lunch
1:15-5 PM Schedule created during open space: see below for possible activities
5pm sacred pause
5:05-5:30 Prepare food.
5:30-6:30 dinner (fruit salad or raw salad. cooked soup or grain.
6:30-7 clean up
7:00 sacred pause: Sun down
7:05-8 debrief day in small groups with various creative processes.
8-9:30 Fun things like campfires, singing, open mic, dramatic presentations, dancing.
9:30 Prepare for sleep with best practices including meditation and a sacred pause ritual.
10:00 Sacred pause: bed time
10:05 quiet time honoring needs of those who need to get to sleep! Ideally, people will go to bed in order to
Options to participate in open space activities are numerous, and things are being added all the time. Please let me know what you would like to do before you come and add to the list as well.
Important–especially for introverts! At any time, you can opt to be by yourself in order to do those things that best nurture your needs at the time.
- Swimming/kayaking in lake
- Solitude. At any time, you can opt to be by yourself in order to do those things that best nurture your needs at the time
- Explore the property and surrounding areas
- Making trails
- Clearing the forest to make a campground
- Building a treehouse
- Preparing plant-based food
- Building hugelkultur beds/learn about veganic gardening
- Identify and harvest wild edibles
- Classes in oneness/interconnectedness
- Class in connecting with nature/forest bathing
- How to design a vegan diet that can work for you and your lifestyle
- Identifying and living out your values
- Creating a miracle morning routine that is perfect for your needs
- Creating a bed time routine that is perfect for your needs.
- Cooperative games
- The art of weeping in order to heal trauma through inner parenting
- Creating art together: drama, music, visual art
- Organizing the resource yard
- Designing a land use plan
- Making signs to identify wild edibles
- Forest therapy
- Rewilding skill building including going barefoot,
We may have a special day of activities at the Living Springs Park which is located right next to Prayer Lake. This area is part of our neighborhood, and we access to this beautiful private recreation area.
Everything we do will be designed to stimulate our brain to produce the brain chemicals that bring us fulfillment and joy–
The happy brain chemicals we will be producing are:
- Dopamine – The (good & bad) habit former. An incredible tool when used appropriately!
- Oxytocin – The hugging drug or “love hormone.” Oxytocin makes us social and builds relationships with trust and loving feelings.
- Serotonin – The “leadership hormone.” Heavily related to pride, loyalty, and status.
- Endorphins – The natural painkiller. The runner’s high!
These definitions came from this wonderful article here.
As we move through the day, we will also always be strengthening our vagus nerve through such activities as:
- Laughter yoga
- Creating a safe space in our brain
I got a lot of these ideas from this great article.
With our super healthy, 80% raw diet, we will be increasing the health of our gut–which is such a key to health. This article tells why.
Things to bring:
- Bedding (sleeping bag, mattress)
- Work gloves
- Natural insect repellant
- Long pants for walking in forest or long grass
- Rubber boots
- Socks–heavy, light colored, long enough to tuck pants into closed toed boots/shoes
- Swimming gear
- Long sleeves–light weight, light color
Transform your life by immersing yourself in living in an immersive coaching environment where all aspects of your life–physical, emotional mental, spiritual and social–are enriched. Learn more at https://jesusvegans.wordpress.com/2019/11/02/immersion-experience-at-livable-future-project/
I am estimating the cost to be $150 per day for 2 days. This includes food and very simple shelter. 3 days to 7 days–$100/day. After 7 days, we can negotiate the price.
If you only want to come to explore living in community, then you will need to pay for the cost of food–$150/week, and $100 a week for the benefits of being present and receiving the gifts I have to offer.
One of the reasons I can keep costs so low is that participants will be doing concrete things to help move the community infrastructure forward, including gardening, building, cleaning up areas, organizing the resource yard etc.
People do need to fill out an application and pass a screening process in order to attend.
Contact Patricia Mikkelson at firstname.lastname@example.org